Living Sober in San Diego
San Diego is known as America’s Finest City. It is a destination city that millions flock to every year from all over the world. Located in Southern California, not far from the Mexico border, San Diego is the oldest town in California. It has an enchanting natural beauty and a mild Mediterranean climate, with plenty of sunshine — perfect for outdoor adventures. Some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions are the museums, gardens, and Spanish Colonial-style architecture found in Balboa Park; the world famous San Diego Zoo; and the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. With its proximity to beaches and mountains along with year-round temperate climates, San Diego is an adventurers dream. We believe addiction recovery is an adventure and what better place to begin your new adventure than in one of the world’s most adventurous cities.
- Balboa Park
- Gaslamp Quarter
- San Diego Bay
- Natural Hiking Trails
- Tacos in Tijuana
- Mission Bay
- San Diego Zoo
San Diego Recovery Community
In addition to having one of the most beautiful coastline scenery in all the world, San Diego also boasts of one of the most robust recovery communities in all the world. There are 12-step meetings every day of the week and every hour of the day. Each week there are over 1000 meetings throughout San Diego county.
- If you are in the San Diego area and are looking for an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting you can visit the San Diego Alcoholics Anonymous website.
- For Narcotics Anonymous meetings check you can visit the NA website here.
- If you are looking for a more Christ-centered approach to recovery, we have that too. Celebrate Recovery holds over 20 meetings a week throughout the San Diego county.
- Finally, SMART Recovery also has meetings in San Diego proving that our robust community has something for every individual looking for a recovery community.
Sober Fun in San Diego
SeaWorld – While made somewhat controversial by the documentary Blackfish, SeaWorld remains a major attraction for visitors inte
rested in seeing marine mammals perform.
- Balboa Park – If you’re interested in a day trip, this 1400-acre park is home to beautiful gardens, scenery, museums, and more.
- San Diego Zoo – The most visited zoo in the United States, this enormous cageless zoo is famous for successfully breeding a giant panda.
Gaslamp Quarter – This historical district is now a thriving and trendy area for shopping, art galleries, and luxury hotels.
- San Diego Museum of Art – Containing art from all over the world, the San Diego Museum of Art is known in particular for its Spanish art collection.
Point Loma – For lovers of natural landscapes, Point Loma offers an incredible view of both the Pacific Ocean and the city of San Diego itself.
San Diego Sober Living
At San Diego Sober Living we believe that noone gets sober at the thought of a boring life. The book of Alcoholics Anonymous states that “we are not a glum lot.” Noone would want to get sober if they didn’t get to experience the beauty and pure joy of those in recovery. For most of us at San Diego Sober Living, we know that we have been rescued from a deadly malady. This common solution we have all found causes us to rejoice with our fellow travelers who have also been given the gift of sobriety. For those who have been given sobriety in San Diego, we understand the beauty to which we are finally awakening. There are few things in this world that will exceed the contentment one gets from waking up sober and watching a morning surf session with a warm cup of coffee. Or heading down to Petco park to catch a concert or baseball game. Having the freedom to choose what you will do today and being exposed to so many truly remarkable experiences at your hand can be a blessing in early recovery. We encourage you to come join us in San Diego as we embark on this life of sobriety and to finally be a part of the solution and not part of the problem is a feeling that everyone in addiction should get to experience.
The journey of recovery begins by finding the right environment. San Diego is considered by many to be the best place for recovery. In addition to the beautiful setting, San Diego is home to over one thousand 12 step meetings weekly.